Are you frustrated with your life? Do you feel like you are not reaching your potential? We often have frustrations in the areas where we have a passion to achieve something and the gifts to achieve it. The problem is we keep putting things off. We don't feel like we are moving forward. So the question is how can we make progress in our lives?
Here are a few keys to advancing in your life:
1) Decide to think differently - as Confucius said, 'he who says he can and he who says he can't, both are usually right'. If you think you can't do something then you won't be able to. If you think nothing is impossible to those who believe then you are much more likely to achieve it.
2) Speak Differently - have a goal and write it down and then say it every day to yourself out loud. For example, 'I am a fantastic father or mother', 'I am an excellent husband or wife', I am a successful business man or woman', 'My abilities and gifts are in demand'. You will find that your declarations of faith will begin to shape who you are and bring these blessings into your life.
3) Act differently - Plan your work and work your plan. Whether that's about your partner, your children, your money, work or business. Every little action will be a step of progress as long as you do something you wouldn't normally do towards your goal. If you take a step every day you are making progress.
4) Track your progress - Take a years goal and then break it down into 365 actions that take 15 minutes each day. Then track your progress on a daily and weekly chart. You will be amazed at the difference that it makes. Things will move forward.
5) Do it now - Every time the choice is presented in your mind or feelings as to whether to do the specified action now or later, make the choice to do it now. After all it will only take you fifteen minutes.
If you are going to see a different result then do something different. Your frustrations will vanish and you will feel a surge of satisfaction that your life is moving forward.
Start now! Have a great week!